What is Entertainment?
Entertainment is a form of activity that holds the attention and interest of an audience or gives pleasure and delight. Public entertainment events include activities like concerts and performances.
Who are the key players in the Entertainment industry?
The key players in this industry include:
- Performers / Artistes
- Promoters/events managers
Who is obliged to register for taxes with URA?
All persons earning income from entertainment business are obliged to register for taxes with URA. Every player in the entertainment sector in Uganda are required to be registered with
- Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) for taxes
- Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC)
- Ministry of Labor, Gender and Social development
- For non-individual you can register a company name with URSB.
What do I need to register for taxes?
- National ID
- Certificate of registration
- Company Form 20
- Certificate of incorporation