What is Manufacturing?
Manufacturing is the process of turning raw materials or parts into finished goods through the use of tools, human labor, machinery and chemical processing.
Scope of manufacturing sector in Uganda
The Uganda’s manufacturing sector is dominated by Agro-processing, food and beverages, households’ products, construction materials and fast-moving consumer goods
What are the Key Tax Obligations for Manufacturers?
- Registration for taxes
- Timely return filing
- Timely payment of tax
How do I register my manufacturing business?
All businesses in the manufacturing sector in Uganda are required to be registered with;
- Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) for Company registration
- Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) for taxes
- Local council authority e.g. KCCA, municipal council, for a trading license
Upon registration, manufacturing companies are required to comply with the requirements of statutory bodies like;
- Uganda Investment Authority (UIA)
- Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
National Environment Management