The Uganda Electronic Single Window is a trade facilitation tool implemented by the Government of Uganda to allow agencies or parties involved in trade and transport fulfil all their export and import and transit related regulatory requirements through a single entry point.
The Uganda Electronic Single Window- Single Transactions Portal (UeSW-STP) is a web-based platform that helps traders electronically submit all the required regulatory documents using a single access point.
Since its official launch in 2016 by the Minister of Trade, Industry & Cooperatives, the implementation of this platform has registered tremendous benefits, which include the following among others;
• Reduced cost of doing business.
• Standardized procedures, which reduce redundancies.
• Elimination of physical movements by clients or traders.
• Data harmonization thus improved efficiency and facilitate information exchange among government institutions.
• Improved controls by the respective government agency.